Sunday, December 20, 2009

Frozen Waters


Ah, yesterday we had a record breaking snowfall here in the Philadelphia/Cheltenham area...Saturday's snowstorm totalled 23.2 inches of snow for the city of Philadelphia. This is the largest snowstorm to ever hit the region in the month of December. It beat out the 21 inches in December of 1909-100 years ago! After some shoveling on Saturday, I spent Sunday morning digging out the cars and helping neighbors get their cars out so they could go to work or the store. While I was hauling shovel after shovel full of snow, my wife yelled across the street "There are some big-ass icicles out back". I promtply finished up and headed in for my camera and right out the back door! All along the back drain, icicles hung like spikes on a medieval gate. The ones pictured here measured over three feet long!

Shot with my Nikon D60 with an exposure of 1/200 at f/8, ISO 100. Nikon 55-200mm VR lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment